Friday, February 25, 2011

You are not alone

I think that sometimes we feel as though we are all alone.  For those of
us who know in our head that God is always with us, it is more difficult.
Being human, we need other human beings to be a part of our lives.

If we do not reach out to people when we need them, we begin to feel
isolated.  Then, our mind starts working over time to convince us that
nobody cares for us.  I have been there.  It is not a fun place to reside.
Who is at fault?  Who can I blame?  How can I move from this place?

I write journals.  I have always been a writer.  It helps me to think more
clearly.  Oh yes, I write exactly what I am feeling but it gets it out of my
head so it does not fester there.  I tell God all about it.  He already knows
me and knows exactly what I am feeling.

Sometimes we just don't give ourselves a break.  A break from working.
A break from being "better".  A break from people who are difficult.
A break from "out there".

If you are feeling like this, here are some tips.  Listen to soothing music
and close your eyes.  Allow the relaxation to cover you and don't fight
it.  Look at fun magazines on home decor, flowers, fashion, travel, etc.
Drink a cup of flavored tea in a pretty china cup...if you don't have one
you need to buy one!!  Go for a walk and notice the beauty of nature
which God created just for you.

After this, do something daring.  New haircut, new color, new makeup,
a new pair of jeans, a new cell phone cover (mine is so cute).  Go to places
you have not gone before.  Talk to someone at the mall that you have
never met.

You are not alone and neither am I.  There are people who care about
us even when we don't feel like they do.  Get out there and take care
of yourself, girlfriend.

1 comment: