Monday, February 7, 2011

A Few Things I have learned along the way

Each day is a gift so don't take one day for granted.

How many friends do we have who have lost their
partner or a family member?  Time is something that
we all share.  We have choices as to the spending of
this time.  I never want the word "regret" used when
thinking about friends and loved ones that have been
a part of my life.
I refuse to waste the precious moments of one day
worrying about things that are not relevant to my
walk with the Lord.  God knows all about the economy,
my health, the health of loved ones, my living
conditions, the weather, the unrest in the world,
our government, etc. 
If we knew we had this one day to live, how different
would our thinking and doing be.  I know that there
would be many phone calls that I would make so that
people knew how much they meant to me.  People who
live nearby would get one last hug of appreciation for
what they contributed to my life.  I would clear much
of my bank account and give it to the places that God is
using for His glory.  I would spend time thinking about
the goodness of God over the many years He has given.
I would speak to each of my children and grandchildren
to know how much I love them.  My husband and I
would recall our lives together. 
We only have today.  No matter what our age, this could
be our last day.  I want to use my day to appreciate the
Lord and all that He gives me each day.  No worrying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment