Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Few Things I have learned along the way.

Women Need Girlfriends!!

This is so important.  Only women can understand one another.
I know that our husbands are our best friends but they were
not created to be emotional beings.  We need sisters who can
really feel our joy and sorrow.

We carry burdens that only another woman can understand.
When we have trauma in our family, a woman understands.
When someone that we trusted betrays us, a woman under
stands.  When we say or do something we wished we had not,
a woman understands.  When we are ready to crumble, a woman
will give us a hug.

A woman can rejoice with us when we are celebrating something
foolish...I did not eat chocolate cake today!!  Women can talk
and laugh about nothing important.  A woman has an open,
caring heart for the feelings of others.

When girlfriends get together they all benefit.  We never know
how our sharing can encourage someone else.  My sister loves
it when I share my flaws.  It gives her pleasure and so I just
keep making mistakes!!!  Girlfriends are people that love us and
we can just relax in their presence.  Girlfriends are REAL. 

Girlfriends come in all shapes, sizes and ethnicities.  We are
drawn to other women as if there is a magnet in each of our
hearts.  God uses women to come alongside and be of help.
I know that all women do not have the blessing of girlfriends
but maybe you can start looking for a few girls to try out.

I love spending time with my husband but I need girlfriends.

1 comment: