Friday, March 4, 2011

Women are girlfriends you have not met yet!!

I have been in Kansas City this week.  I am spending time with a young
friend I have known for 14 years.  She is married to a wonderful guy and
she has 3 great kids.  Their home is lovely and it is easy to just relax and
be.

I came to speak to some of the moms and mentors at her church.  Wow!
What a terrific group of women she has in her life.  I would feel very
comfortable coming back and would know several of the girls by simply
spending one week here.  It has been such an encouraging time for me.

It is good to get away from our "home" place.  It is good to expand our
relationships.  It is good to allow other women to appreciate our gifts.
It is good to experience a different Christian community.  I will miss
some of the women that I have met. 

I spoke to the mentor moms about how important their life is to
younger women.  By their life experience and their walk through
difficulties of life, they give younger women hope.  They love these
young moms.  What a blessing to have a vision for training and
teaching young women what life is about.

I spoke to the moms about how important prayer is to their daily
life.  We talked about the peace it brings, the restoration that we
can experience, the attitude adjustment prayer brings and
finally that God wants us to say YES to His plan for us.  What
beautiful babies and toddlers I saw.  This group was so open
and anxious for God's help in their lives.

Tonight I will be teaching them about closet organizing and
wardrobe.  It will be so much fun.  I just love helping women
in this way.  What a joy to be able to use the gift that God has
given me for the benefit of women.

God is good all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment