Sunday, March 13, 2011

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Recently I have been reminded about the way people treat one another.
As a child I remember being told that if I had nothing nice to say, don't
say anything.  I think we need to review this thought. "Be ye kind to
one another..."
Women have such a problem with never being good enough.  Where do
those thoughts come from?  I think it is one way for the devil to get us
down.  We never focus on our strengths but rather pinpoint our short
comings.
It is amazing how many women deal with "friends" who can only find
fault in them.  "You are not good enough so I will help you with my
accusations about who you really are."  I am sure that if we look at the
word "friend" it has nothing to with downtrodden, negative people in
our life.  Have you ever thought about the person giving you advice?
How does their life hold up to scrutiny?  Do you want to model your
life after their life?
Because I have lived a long time, I know that people who criticize are
motivated by elevating themselves.  You drink too much coffee means
that she is better than you because she drinks 3 cokes a day!  It is funny
when you think about it.  Why is it that people cannot see their own
flaws but can easily spotlight someone else's? 
My title explains my view of the critique that people give.  The only One
who can change anyone is God.  So, if your "friend" really cares for you
she can spend more time in prayer and less time telling you what to do.
God has a time frame for change and it is individual.  He only expects
to deal with one thing at a time.  He will never give you more than you
can handle.  Everything He does comes from Love.
What can you do?  Let go of those people who are weighing you
down.  Surround yourself with people who realize that we all have our
strong points and our weak points.  Women need friends who pray for
them not people who try to fix them.
Love you girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment